First and foremost:
- Tomato mozzarella salad:
- Spinach base
- I sliced roma tomato. lol-I almost typed “romato”
- A few baby tomatoes from mom’s garden from a leftover tomato salad
- FRESH mozzarella (i broke it up with my hands, but you can slice it if youre not as lazy
- Fresh basil from mom’s garden. Also i shredded it at bit with my hands
- A sprinkle of omega 3 oil
- a dash of balsamic vinegar, Yummm.
Today after a breezy 68 degree run, I grabbed a TAZO Passion tea from starbucks.
I was a good girl and left it unsweetened. It was still pretty fruity, and great after a summer run 🙂
Okay so PROTEIN PANCAKES:
This is a recipe I stole from a video featuring Jennifer Nicole Lee. I modified it to make it… better… So this is what you need:
- BSN lean dessert protein powder (1 heaping scoop) I used “double fudge chocolate pudding” or something.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg (either whole or just the white if you’re anti-yolk)
Whisk it all together and pour it into a skillet.
I cooked mine on medium heat for about 5 minutes each side.
It makes 2-3 smallish pancakes.
Here’s the texture. I mean yeah, they can be kinda rubbery. But they don’t have carbs, so that’s the trade-off! 😉
Also, because I like multitasking… HOW TO BOIL EGGS:
I accidetally cracked one on the way into my boiling water… so what you do is bring a big pot of water to boil (feel free to make protein pancakes while you wait). Then you carefully add the eggs and reduce the heat to low (or turn it off) and cover them & let them kinda simmer for about 15 minutes-18 minutes. After that, transfer them to a bowl of cool water (so that they stop cooking) and then you should get nice boiled eggs that are fully cooked with no ugly green yolks.
I was too lazy to look up how long they were supposed to simmer, so I only cooked my eggs for 13 minutes. They turned out kinda soft…
They are cooked, though. The yolk is nice a bright with no green!
In other news, Iordered this dress from Green Dragon on hautelook:
I pretty much always cook breakfast in my underwear on wednesdays (just beause I have a whole hour-and-a-half to get ready before work and I like to cook… and I don’t like to spend time figuring out what to wear). But today I broke my rule to try out my new dress. Which OMG is SUUUPER comfy! The only minor problem was that the elastic empire waist was a tad scratchy. But it hits right where my bra does, so it’s pretty easy to adjust it so that it’s easy to ignore.
Because I’m bored, Car drive photo shoot: