Mom sent me this picture of her dog and I immediately had to merge it with Fizzgig from The Dark Crystal.
It makes me giggle every time I look at it 🙂
ONWARD. I decided to make a list of all the fantastic things about being single. I find myself surrounded by lots of married women. I’ve been single for about a year and a half now, but pretty much every single one of my running buddies are married.I’ve disovered that their lives aren’t any more perfect than mine. I used to be really jealous of all my friends who got married right out of college. Like REALLY jealous. I was super depressed about being alone all the time while everyone else got to live “happily every after”. Married women have just as many (if not more) complaints than I do. So here is my non-exhaustive list of things that rock about being on my own.
- No one can tell me how to spend my money. I am 100% in charge of my budget and feel no shame in spoiling myself with lululemon, betsey johnson, new shoes, new purses, starbucks treats. Whatever I want: if it fits into my budget–It’s mine!
- I get up at 4:30-5:00 AM quite often and don’t have to tiptoe. I can flip on all the lights, talk to myself, throw my clothes all over the ground and turn on my radio as loud as I want to while I’m getting ready.
- I don’t have to share my space. The laundry room/bathroom/fridge/TV/etc are ALL mine. I can watch stupid shows like the Jersey Shore, Millionare Matchmaker, and whatever else my heart desires whenever I want.
- I am able to stay away from bad manly food habits like ordering pizza at midnight or hitting up McDonalds… um… ever.
- If I want to take a 3 hour nap at 4:00 in the afternoon on a Saturday–I can. And no one will stop me/wake me up/care.
- No one is going to criticize me for my table manners (I might occasionally enjoy eating parts of a salad–or other non finger foods– with my fingers… so what).
- I pretty much never have to close my bathroom door-lol.
- Not that I’m a shacker, but I get to sleep in my own bed every night. By myself. Diagonally/star-shaped. And no one ever wakes me up.
- I have the privacy to text/call whomever I want whenever I want without sending anyone into a jealous rage.
- Along with being single, I choose not to be sexually active which means I don’t have to stress about birth control or STD prevention (or billions of other issues that people who have sex have to worry about).
- There is pretty much no drama in my life. Nuff said.
Lululemon Run: Take Flight Skirt. Love it. Excuse the sweat, this pic is post-run 🙂
Oh, and it’s paired with the black camo CRB.
Ugg riding boots with lace-up cuteness in the back. ❤
Don’t get me wrong–I don’t mean to sound like a man-hater. I think having a companion in life is something I definitely want one day–especially since I want kids. I miss having a concert/hiking/wakeboarding buddy and someone to rub my shoulders and go on dates with, etc. But for now I am not having too much trouble finding the little goodies that come with flying solo.
Man, I ‘need’ a new skirt… and maybe a cute necklace… 😉