So I made this stuff again. Tex-Mex hash breakfast casserole.
I’m just going to post the whole recipe this time. Rare, i know, but I feel like it’s a good idea for some reason 🙂
- 1lb Grass fed Ground Beef
- 2 sweet potatoes, shredded (mine were huge, so I had way too much this time)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat (or other fat)
- 1 (14oz) can of enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (i dont have the powder so I used “cumin seed” which worked fine)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
3. When onion just begins to soften, add your ground beef and use a spoon or spatula to break it up and combine with onion.
4. When your meat is almost cooked through, add all your spices to the meat and onions and mix to combine the flavors.
5. Now pour your shredded sweet potatoes on top of the meat and pat down then add your enchilada sauce on top.
6. Cover and let simmer for around 8-10 minutes. (I used a cookie sheet to cover my massive skillet)
7. Once sweet potato begins to soften, remove from heat, add your whisked eggs and stir to combine it all together.
8. Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
9. Let cool, this b*tch is gonna be hot!! The enjoy! For breakfast, lunch or dinner!!
Totally had this for dinner on Wednesday, lunch yesterday, and breakfast today. So I can vouch for you that it really does work for all three.
Hey, I don’t know if this is news or not, but I’m addicted to speed shorts. I also really love that green color. It’s called menthol, and the tank top in that color sold out so fast that I didn’t even have time to decide if I could budget it in or not. I love the whole outfit together with the matching speeds… but then I got to thinking that those shorts would probably not go with anything else I own… and that they are white and wouldn’t stay that way long. Especially if I am crossfitting in them (I sit/flop around on the ground a lot, and that floor is super gross).
These shorts are probably being uploaded next week:
I neeed them. I would probably crossfit in them too, but they would make the cutest boardshorts ever! That is definitely going to happen. If I can afford them.
A few more crossfit victories:
- Another trainer commented to me about my “potential”.
- I deadlifted 255 lbs. I pretty much feel like that’s what a car weighs.
- Someone taught me how to do double unders! Something clicked inside my brain and I did like 15 in a row! Still working, though.
- My new 2pood shin protectors are rocking my world… Crap I keep forgetting to take a picture. SOON.
A few crossfit fails (just so you know this isn’t a cake walk for me or anything):
- I’m horrible at ring dips. Like reallly horrible. I can barely even do them with a band.
- I can’t do a dead-hang pullup yet. No matter which way you spin it, overhand, underhand, I can NOT do it. Yet.
- I can only do hand stand pushups on Tuesdays. (lol, jk, but sometimes I can do them and sometimes I absolutely can’t.)