I spent the whole weekend pretty much eating whatever I wanted. It was a good one, though!
Paleo pancakes kicked it off:
I totally felt like I was having something way more unhealthy than I was 🙂
Also I have become completely addicted to coconut water. I figured it was just a matter of time.
Also, I made these paleo blueberry honey coconut cups from PaleOMG.
They are SUPER filling… and quite calorie dense. And will totally spoil your dinner 😀
Made paleOMG spaghetti meatball bites again. OBSESSED.
I also ate sushi, pizza, gelato, sorbet, garlic bread, and who knows what else…. it was a little ridiculous, but now I’m motivated to stick to healthy stuff this week. Float trip is in 5 days!
(This picture is super embarassing, so I shrank it down.)
- I climbed allll the way up the 15-foot rope! It was SCARY coming back down. Rope burned my leg.
- I did a handstand pushup with only one mat under my head. Whee! Those are ALL technique.
- I got a new power clean max: 145!
- And a new push press max: 95… lol, I’m working on it.
Gosh I love crossfit, but I am SO eager to get awesome at everything as fast as possible! I have such a long way to go as far as strength is concerned. Yeah, I have started off with some pretty big numbers compared to most people… but most people aren’t as heavy as I am. I can’t bench press my body weight. Or clean it. Pretty much the only thing I can do is squat it. I can’t do a static pull up, static handstand pushup, un-aided ring dip, or even string more than 3-4 kipping pullups together. Yeah, I’m strong when you look at the numbers. But I *have* to be to carry my big ol butt around all day. There are lots of girls who can lift what I can lift, but they weigh 40 lbs less than me, so it’s much more impressive.
I need to calm down. I sound like such a negative Nancy–it will come. I’ve only been doing this for 4 months. I’m having fun, and that’s what should really matter the most.
Short term goals:
- I would LOVE to clean and jerk 145.
- String together 20 double unders (again)
- Do ring dips on the skinny purple band.
- Figure out how to descend the rope without burning my skin off.
- String together those stupid pull ups.
- Get a little running endurance back.
Long term goals:
- Dead hang pullups.
- Unassisted ring dips.
- HSPU like a pro.
- Clean and Jerk 165
- Butterfly Pullups
- Be a double-under queen
- Back Squat 250 (is that realistic?)
- Deadlift 300
- Do a muscle-up!