Pretty sure that I’m gonna do the “whole 30” during the month of July.
What the heck is that?! It’s not the sugar detox (although that one pretty much made me realise how huge on an impact food choice has on my body). In a nutshell, the whole 30 is “no added sugar, no alcohol, no grains, no legumes, no dairy, and no white potatoes”. Pretty much if it tastes like a party–it’s out.
I really hate the thought of going without these things:
- cheese – feta, mozzarella, goat, parmesan, brie, cheddar. Life without cheese is… suck.
- rice – a month without sushi? Sounds horrible.
- summer recreational beverages
- the convenience of ordering whatever I want at restaurants.
- I’m already scaled wayyyyy back on the packaged food consumption. Minus Terra chips:
- I am used to cooking ALL three of my meals every day.
- I’ve been without dairy for nearly a month before.
- I’ve been without ANY sugar for 21 days and I’m still alive to talk about it.
- I have access to a decent collection of non-intimidating recipes that are compatible with the madness of this detox.
- I’ve been dabbling pretty seriously with paleo eating for about three months now.
- I’m extremely stubborn.
He likes to cuddle.
Yeah, so far I’ve had no more anaphylaxis experiences. I ran once and last night the WOD was a bunch of power lifting–nothing super intense like what I did on Friday yet. I’m SO paranoid. I think I might wait a month or two, but if I ever can save a sufficient amount of money I am going to make a dr. appointment and talk about maybe getting some sort of allergy-attack-stopper. Not sure how that works…
I thought this was funny. 🙂 I felt like the “everything after the first 5 minutes” dude on the day that I had that attack. I remember being like “why do I suck so much today? Why can I barely run? Why am I stopping in between every single burpee?” Yeah, it was like 95+ degrees in there, but I’m usually harder core than that. Then it was—“Oh… my eyes are disgustingly huge, that could be a problem…”
Crap, too, because crab/seafood is totally paleo friendly. But I’m about 90% sure that it tried to kill me.