Ugly food first.
I used turkey. And I didn’t have “garam masala” so I threw together as many spices as I could to try to replicate it. With all those spices, I honestly thought they turned out a bit bland. I compensated by adding lots of salt… woops… ohwell.
I probably won’t make those again. They left me with a burning feeling in my stomach that lasted for hours and hours. Still coping with it… My stomach was on fire all morning yesterday from dinner the night before. Then, since that was the only leftover I had, I was forced to eat the spiciness again at lunch! Fail. That’s what you get…
I have this theory that the curry I bought is the wrong kind… I really love curry chicken salad, so I’ll have to make that a bunch of times to experiment with different types (sources?) of curry.
Last night I was too lazy to cook anything fancy, so I threw this poached eggs on top of smoked salmon thing together:
I was gonna put dressing on it, but then I ended up not. It didn’t need it.
Let’s talk crossfit, shall we?
I actually made that e-card. Because I suck at DU.
I got my new cable in the mail, but I just haven’t had the energy after the WODs to practice. It’s STUPID hot! We are setting records for heat right now. Every day is like 102 degrees and humid and gross. Also I have chosen to do AAB wods for the entire last (3 day) cycle.
Things I have learned about myself this week:
- I pretty much can’t do pistols. It feels like I could be strong enough to do them if I could get comfortable with the proper technique.
- I crap out on HSPU after about 10 reps even with two ab mats under my head.
- I’m kindof amazing at pushing the sled. Granted, it was only weighted with 45lbs…I killed it’s butt. *(?)
- I can do static pullups with the skinniest band now! …two at a time, but still.
- I jerked 155 lbs! And I could do more if I could get better with the technique–pop hips harder, and drive directly overhead.
- I can do bar facing burpees without feeling like I’m going to trip and fall on my face …sorotf.