Man this stuff was GOOD:
I don’t have my iPad with me right now, but I can just tell you how I made it (I modified it quite a bit).
- 1.75 lb chicken thighs (she called for 1 lb) But I coudln’t find a pack that small….I like protein anyways.
- yellow (orange?) curry (she used curry paste) I used about a tablespoon. Maybe more.
- 1 bag of frozen veggies (she also added roasted winter squash, who has THAT laying around??? not me.)
- yellow onion (I only had half, but i would recommend a whole)
- 1 cup of canned coconut milk
- coconut oil, salt, pepper.
- trim and cut up the thigh meat into medium size pieces. Season with plenty of salt and pepper. Add it to a heated pan with some coconut oil in it. Cook it through, then dump it onto a plate and set aside.
- Chop your onion (which i did while my chicken was browning). Add it to the pan and cook until translucent. Add the chicken back in, season with curry. Wait till it smells reallllly good, then add the coconut milk.
- Add the frozen veggies (and roasted squash if you have it. and a splash of apple juice if you’re fancy like that).
- Bring the heat up to high till it boils, then reduce and simmer for abotu 10 minutes. Those veggies probably unfroze a long time ago, though.
- Scoop it into a bowl an eat it up! Yum yum yum!
What else is going on? I’m getting way bettter at double unders. I did 30 unbroken in a workout last night! Epic-ness. I am really happy because I will be doing the filthy50 today, and last time I literally did double-unders one at a time and it took me ten years.
Also, I have decided to start doing two-a-days at least a couple of times a week to work on skills. Today I learned that I have a pretty sloppy power clean. Yeah, I can get 163+lbs, but I land looking like a dying goose. It’s cool, though. I know what to work on, now.
I remember doing a workout where the weight was 125lbs for a power clean. You had to clean it, and then squat it 5 times and then do 15 pullups. I was having a REALLY hard time doing it. I was definitely about to be a quitter. I was actually walking to the weight rack to try and get different weights to use, but Trevor stopped me. He said, “Nope, go back and do it again. Pop hard, get under it!” and I did… and it WORKED! I’ve come such a long way since then 🙂 That happened back in May, and I’m still thinking about it. I love seeing progress! It’s nice to be able to focus more on what I can do rather than how my body looks.
Here’s a really good blog post I saw on that earlier today.
Oh and I *have* to review BB cream from Maybelline.
I got a sample of it from an ad in this month’s issue of Cosmopolitan, so I decided to put it on this morning. I thought it went on really light–like way too light and that it made me look ghostly-pale. Which is weird because I have no tan at all right now, and the color was “light/medium”. But then after it sat for a minute, it looked GREAT! The color evened out and looked natural, it wasn’t greasy looking like my Garnier BB cream, and it gave me enough coverage that I didn’t feel like I needed to put powder or anything over it.
The ad also contained a $1 off coupon, so I’m totally gonna go get it. It is perfect to replace my Garnier BB cream that is almost gone. YAY!