Kooda is le tired.
WOW I have a lot to talk about right now! The whole30 is going AMAZING. My skin is more and more fantastic every day. I have got to figure out which part of this new eating style is responsible for this. If it means I never get to eat dairy ever again then fine. My skin is making me so happy. I didn’t even realize I had so many problems with it until now that they’re not there anymore.
I feel like I should discuss all of my favorite parts of the whole30. I’m in a really good mood because I took a hot bath last night (with a LUSH Tangerine bath melt) and scored a 97% on my sleep quality. Good sleep, good skin, energy, I am feeling like a unicorn today. Fact.
Whole30 Foods that I totally love:
- Bacon, bacon, and bacon. Sexy people eat bacon.
- Eggs–poached, scrambled, fried, baked. With cracked pepper and sea salt. Simply amazing. I love eggs.
- Green beans (they’re semi-paleo) but they’re so darn good! Cook them in bacon grease. You’re welcome.
- Sweet potato–baked and topped with ghee in and cinnamon.
- Steak– Skillet cooked (is there a word for that?) with butt rub. I like steak? What??? I know. I didn’t think it was possible either.
- Spinach — sautee it, eat it fresh, mix it with other veggies. Mix it with eggs. Make spinach egg muffins. Freakin spinach.
- Brussels sprouts–In a skillet with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Spaghetti squash— is the sh*t.
- Almond butter. It’s a major staple in m diet. Get the grind-it-yourself in the bulk aisle kind. Goes well with everything.
- Avocados–OMG no whole30 can be done without a weekly batch of homemade guacamole. Put cilantro in it!
- Berries! And coconut cream. NOM.
- Plantains–I pretty much feel like I’m eating funnel cake when I slice them up and fry them in coconut oil. Add a pinch of salt.
- Homemade pesto–top everything with it. Veggies. meats. sweet potatoes?
- Squash–Acorn and butternut squashes are ridiculous. Eat them with eggs and chicken and pesto.
That’s a non-exhaustive list, but it’s pretty much all the yummy stuff that is floating around in my head right now. I’m craving that and not junky stuff like cookies and ice cream. I’m on Whole30 autopilot and life is gooooood.
Here’s the homemade pesto:
The recipe is from Well Fed. I posted about it a little while back. Go make it! It’s easy and you probably have all the stuff already.
A few examples of things that I did with the pesto:
(There was a whole potato a ton of green beans on there, but I ate them all)
I actually don’t know what to call this. I made it up… Chicken spaghetti squash bacon pesto. Sure, why not?
Also from Well Fed–Creamy Spice Market Kale:
This stuff didn’t even make it to a plate. Yes, I literally hovered over the skillet and consumed it right out of the pan with a fork until it was gone. I can’t wait to make it again!!! SO freaking good!
I also feel like gushing about beauty products right now too because it’s my blog and I feel like it.
I got a deluxe sample with purchase deal from Sephora, and one of the things I got was this hand cream:
It’s amazeballs. It smells kinda like baby oil, but it works wonders. My hands actually look kinda healthy for a change!
You’re gonna think i’m a weirdo for this next one.
I don’t care. It might be because I used a sample of this during the Whole30 that my reaction is a bit skewed. Basically you dab oil on your face (WHAT?! OIL??? on my FACE?!) Yes. Then go to sleep and you’ll wake up looking like Cinderella. I don’t know why, it just happens. Trust me on this. It’s a whopping $78 on Sephora.com, but I nabbed a “deluxe sample” off of ebay for about $17. It just takes a few drops. Do it! You’ll thank me, I swear. My skin is so clear and so soft and so awesome.
Last but not least:
Yes. They’re Real.
This stuff is amazing! It has the sturdy brush/wand, and it actually makes your lashes look BIG, and it lasts all freaking day!!!! ALL day.
It’s in the Sephora birthday gift this year, so if you don’t feel like dishing out $23 to try it, wait till your birthday and then go snag a deluxe sample for free. You’ll love it, I promise. GOSH I’m such a girl right now.
[P.S. I almost got a bar muscle up last night. I got halfway there and everyone gasped… but all that really happened was I crashed my right boob on the bar super hard… Maybe next time. Keep crackin.]